Saturday, August 18, 2007

Max Deadlift

I've missed some entries.

Anyways I pulled heavy yesterday. Unfortunately it wasn't that good. 135x5 225x5 315x2 375x1 395x1 405x1 On the last one I was having difficulty getting any kind of a drive off the floor. My hamstring strength is not that great. I'll be happy if I can get back to 455 in the next 5 weeks or so. This was my first heavy pull in almost 5 months.

I've been experimenting with Cross Fit type workouts on my clients. So far it has been received with good reviews. I have slowly ramped up the workouts of those who are new and those that are advanced I challenge progressively. I am slowly learning how I can fit it into my training philosophy and what place it has among my clients. I am using my Saturday/Sunday morning group sessions to run the harder workouts. I have 5-7 people show up and we get a good training session in. I coach the first 15 minutes on lifts we will be doing. Then warm up and then we do it!

No comments: